Providence, RI – As a consultant in the Democratic primary to replace Buddy Cianci as…
Rhode Island Mortgage Bankers Association Invites Press to Register for MBA LIVE: State of the Industry, May 19, 2020
WHAT: Registration is now open for members of the media to attend the Mortgage Bankers Association’s (MBA) first-ever MBA LIVE – State of the Industry, the first in a series of remote events brought to you while the industry cannot convene in person. Join industry professionals for an update on the state of the industry in the wake of COVID-19 and how the industry is responding. Attendees will hear from key industry voices, including agency leaders, experts and members of Congress. Topics will include policy updates, the economic outlook, an analysis of the political landscape.
Notable speakers at MBA Live include:
– Robert D. Broeksmit, CMB, President and Chief Executive Officer, MBA
– The Honorable Mark Calabria, Director, Federal Housing Finance Agency
– The Honorable Brian D. Montgomery, Deputy Secretary for HUD and Federal Housing Commissioner, U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
– Senator Todd Young, (R-IN), Senate Finance Committee
– Senator Kyrsten Sinema, (D-AZ), Senate Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs Committee
– Bob Woodward, Two-Time Pulitzer Prize-Winning Journalist, Associate Editor of The Washington Post
– Brian Stoffers, CMB, 2020 MBA Chairman and Global President, Debt & Structured Finance, CBRE Capital Markets
– Kristy Fercho, 2020 MBA Vice Chairman and President of Mortgage, Flagstar Bank, FSB
– Susan Stewart, 2020 MBA Chairman-Elect, Chief Executive Officer, SWBC Mortgage
– Laura Escobar, President, Eagle Home Mortgage, LLC
– Byron Boston, President, Chief Executive Officer and Co-Chief Investment Officer, Dynex Capital, Inc.
– Bill Killmer, Senior Vice President of Legislative and Political Affairs, MBA
– Michael Fratantoni, Ph.D., Chief Economist and Senior Vice President of Research and Industry Technology, MBA
– Marina Walsh, Vice President of Industry Analysis, Mortgage Bankers Association
– Joel Kan, Associate Vice President of Economic and Industry Forecasting, MBA
– Rob Van Raaphorst, Vice President of Communications, MBA
WHEN: May 19, 2020 – 1:00pm – 5:00pm EST
WHERE: Online – Click Here for the Event Schedule and Full List of Speakers
HOW: Members of the media interested in attending are required to register in advance. To register, please contact Falen Taylor at email@example.com.
Unless otherwise noted, all sessions are open to the media.
About Rhode Island Mortgage Bankers Association
The Rhode Island Mortgage Bankers Association is dedicated to promoting and sustaining responsible home lending in Rhode Island. The mortgage association has over 90 corporate members, which represent thousands of mortgage lenders throughout the state who help businesses and people secure mortgages. As part of its overarching plan to create a better housing market, RIMBA regularly promotes educational initiatives, addresses legislative challenges, and strives to cultivate membership growth. For more information about RIMBA, visit: rimba.org.
About Mortgage Bankers
The Mortgage Bankers Association (MBA) is the national association representing the real estate finance industry, an industry that employs more than 280,000 people in virtually every community in the country. Headquartered in Washington, D.C., the association works to ensure the continued strength of the nation’s residential and commercial real estate markets, to expand homeownership, and to extend access to affordable housing to all Americans. MBA promotes fair and ethical lending practices and fosters professional excellence among real estate finance employees through a wide range of educational programs and a variety of publications. Its membership of over 2,300 companies includes all elements of real estate finance: mortgage companies, mortgage brokers, commercial banks, thrifts, REITs, Wall Street conduits, life insurance companies, credit unions, and others in the mortgage lending field. For additional information, visit MBA’s Web site: www.mba.org.