PROVIDENCE, R.I. (June 17, 2020) - Women’s Fund of Rhode Island (WFRI) is pleased to…
YMCA of Pawtucket 2018 All-Star Outing Raises Over $32,000 to Support Local Youth Programming
All Event Proceeds to Benefit the Y Support-A-Child Program
PAWTUCKET, R.I. (July 16, 2018) — The YMCA of Pawtucket hosted yet another successful All-Star Outing, in partnership with event sponsors the Pawtucket Red Sox, at McCoy Stadium on June 21st. This annual event raised over $32,000 for the YMCA’s Support-A-Child Fund, which assists families that cannot afford to send their children to summer day camps or pay for a YMCA youth membership. Many local businesses and organizations stepped up to the plate this year to help make this fun-filled event a tremendous success. Attendees to this year’s outing enjoyed an all-you-can-eat barbeque, as well as an exciting game.
Charlie Clifford, Chief Executive Officer of the YMCA of Pawtucket, is “overwhelmed with the continued support of the sponsors who make the event possible.” Clifford explains: “At the YMCA of Pawtucket, we are committed to providing the best opportunities to all children and families, regardless of their economic situation. The event’s goal is to raise funds so children in the communities we serve can attend summer camp. The success of this event would not have been possible without our sponsors and the tremendous work of our All Star Committee.”
For over 20 years, the Pawtucket Red Sox organization has been a loyal supporter of the Y’s annual outing. Without their support, this event would not be possible.
Additionally, congratulations to Nicole Latendresse of Pawtucket, RI. Latendresse was the grand prize raffle winner of a trip for two to the 2018 Major League Baseball All-Star game hosted by the Washington Nationals in Washington, D.C. on July 17, 2018. Transportation, cash and hotel included.
The YMCA of Pawtucket would like to thank the following 2018 All Star Outing sponsors for their support:
- Heritage Sponsor: Navigant Credit Union
- All Star Sponsors: M. Barboza & Sons; Pawtucket Credit Union; Pet Food Experts; Santander
- Major League Sponsors: Advanced Network Systems; Collette Travel; Dupuis Oil; Narragansett Bay Insurance Company; National Grid; OneDigital Health and Benefits; Rotary Club of Pawtucket
- Triple A League Sponsors: Anderson Motors; Bank of America Merrill Lynch; Bank RI; Bay Business Machines; Dr. Peter Baziotis, MD; Bristol County Savings Bank; Butler & Messier Insurance; Chatterton Insurance; Citizens Bank; City Wide of Rhode Island; Cruz Construction; Duquette, Hurley & Associates; High Tech Engineering, Inc.; Hunter Insurance, Inc.; Industrial Motors; King’s Service Center and Towing; Local Hero Catering of Rhode Island; Miller’s Truck Sales & Repairs, Inc.; Orson and Brusini Ltd.; Philadelphia Insurance Companies; Ryan Construction; Sir Speedy; United Healthcare
- In-Kind Donors: JH Communications; and The Valley Breeze.
About the YMCA
The Y is one of the nation’s leading nonprofits strengthening communities through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Across the U.S., 2,700 Ys engage 22 million men, women and children – regardless of age, income or background – to nurture the potential of children and teens, improve the nation’s health and well-being, and provide opportunities to give back and support neighbors. Anchored in more than 10,000 communities, the Y has the long-standing relationships and physical presence not just to promise, but to deliver, lasting personal and social change. The YMCA of Pawtucket is comprised of five branches across the state: Pawtucket Family YMCA and Heritage Park YMCA Early Learning Center in Pawtucket, MacColl YMCA in Lincoln, Westwood YMCA in Coventry and Woonsocket YMCA.
# # #