Providence Mutual updates its rating process to better reflect company’s focus and long-term financial strength
WARWICK, R.I. (June 30, 2023) — Providence Mutual has made the decision to withdraw from…
Cranston, R.I. (March 23, 2020) — CODAC Behavioral Healthcare recently announced the precautions it is taking to prevent COVID-19 and other infectious diseases from spreading in its clinics. While all of CODAC’s 8 clinical locations will remain open and operational, its staff is working diligently to ensure a safe environment for its patients.
In addition to its usual cleaning processes throughout the day, CODAC has taken increased measures specifically to address the Coronavirus outbreak. CODAC’s cleaning contractors use hospital grade disinfectants, and with increased scheduled professional cleanings, staff is also continuing the process of wiping down high exposure areas frequented during the day.
CODAC leadership has been in continuous contact with state and federal agencies that regulate and license treatment centers to discuss the best course of action to ensure the health and safety of the entire CODAC community during this public health crisis. First and foremost, all patients are screened for symptoms prior to, and if screened positive, CODAC staff is assisting individuals in accessing the information and care they may require. In order to decrease potential exposure in the clinics, all patients with take-home status are being considered for temporary increases in take home-dose status as permitted under federal law. Medically vulnerable patients are continuously being assessed to receive medical take-homes.
CODAC has also taken steps to secure additional supplies, including medications, that may be necessary throughout the course of this crisis, assuring that everyone will have access to the medications they receive.
“We will continue to inform patients, families and our communities through our website, Facebook and postings in our clinics,” explained Linda Hurley, CEO of CODAC Behavioral Healthcare. “Counselors and program site directors are always available to discuss concerns. Along with our concern for our patients’ physical health, we are also concerned about their recovery. We know that this is a stressful time for everyone and being isolated from others may only add to coping challenges.”
CODAC wants the individuals, families and communities we serve to know that we are open and here for them.
CODAC also is highlighting the many resources available to its patients and the public:
– CODAC medication services hotline: 401-490-0716
– CODAC counseling services hotline: 401-477-0041
– BH Link Crisis Center (open 24 hours): 401-414-5465
– Call SAMHSA’s free 24-hour Disaster Distress Helpline at 1-800-985-5990, if you feel lonely or need support. You can also reach the SAMSHA National Helpline at 1-800-662-HELP (4537).
– The SHAIR Sobriety Network is an online recovery resource and podcast for people to connect and support one another in all things recovery related: https://theshairpodcast.com/.
– If you need to connect with someone because of an ongoing alcohol or drug problem, consider calling your local Alcoholics Anonymous or Narcotics Anonymous offices.
– In the Rooms, A Global Recovery Community, is a free online recovery tool offering 130 weekly online meetings: https://www.intherooms.com/home/.
– Access to free, online international Narcotics Anonymous (NA) meetings: https://www.na.org/meetingsearch/text-results.php?country=Web&state&city&zip&street&within=5&day=0&lang&orderby=distance.
– RI Recovery Peer Specialist, a Mental Health and Addiction Peer Support Facebook group can be found at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/166779886992183/?ref=share and/or Peers for Recovery RI Facebook Group at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Peers4Recovery/?ref=share.
About CODAC Behavioral Healthcare
Founded in 1971, CODAC Behavioral Healthcare is Rhode Island’s oldest and largest provider of outpatient services for opioid use disorder, other substance use disorders, and concurrent behavioral health challenges. With nine locations across Rhode Island, CODAC is uniquely positioned to provide services when and where they are needed. For more information about CODAC, visit: https://codacinc.org/.